UPS Order Processing Rep ll in Bensenville, Illinois
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking a Ocean Order Processing Representative III who will have three or more years experience in a fast-paced ocean freight facility or closely related environment. This is a position that handles all customer activities concerning their containers once they are deposited in the country. The OPR III must be comfortable working with brokerages, warehouses, terminals, steamship lines, drivers, etc.
The Ocean Order Processing Representative III may be responsible for:
• Process international transportation orders, quotes time in transit for services, and book cargo as required.
• Trace shipments when necessary.
• Order entry, tracing, and proofs of delivery for warehouse clients.
• Quote, administer and facilitate hand carry services for transportation clients.
• Work with customers, suppliers, and various shippers to route, pick-up and/or trace shipments as necessary.
• Resolving problems and maintaining an ongoing professional relationship with the customer and vendors.
• Processing international shipments utilizing web based programs; ensuring specific customer requirements are followed.
• Issuing customer requested and internal status reports.
• Data entry of customer orders to include routing, tracking, and proof of delivery.
• Obtain proofs of delivery and charges from international agents.
• Investigating status of existing service requests or initiating a new order by confirming and entering the appropriate customer and data request.
• Maintaining quality standards established by UPS Supply Chain Solutions, our customers and vendors.
• Escalating problems and concerns beyond the ability of the OPR to an immediate supervisor or manager.
• Effectively communicating with customers and their suppliers as necessary.
• HS Diploma or equivalent in related experience.
• Three or more years customer service experience in a fast-paced ocean freight facility environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision with a high attention to detail
• Strong analytical, oral/written communication, customer service, and time management skills
• Experience in transportation, logistics, and freight forwarding working with Ocean processes.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Typing skills 35-40 wpm highly desirable.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Operations, Logistics Hourly
Requisition Number: 111417