UPS SR. Computer Operations Supervisor in Louisville, Kentucky
Job Title: Sr Computer Operations Supervisor
Department: Operations Support Group (OSG)
Days: Monday – Friday Commitment to Position: 24 months
Hours Per Week: 40 – 45 Hours: 14:00 - 23:00
Flex Time: 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after start time
Rotating Shifts: No
Travel: Limited Travel
Job Freezes: No
Location: Worldport North Core
Manager: Troy Anderson
Work Environment: Working conditions are normal for an office environment located in Worldport. There may be a requirement for the occasional off shift flexibility in response to the needs of the business and coverage of the system being supported. OSG consists of an office environment with specialized groups working together to support the Worldport automated sort, Louisville Campus and UPS Airline applications on a global scale. OSG provides 24 x 7, 365 support. Holiday coverage will be required.
Work attire – business professional
Job Summary: The OSG Sr Computer Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing and coordinating support efforts within the department. The supervisor is to direct, support and participate in the development of the team; specifically managing the training needs of the department and empowering those individuals that can effectively lead. The OSG team supports the Worldport automated sort operation, Louisville Campus, UPS Airline systems and applications, the Brokerage operation, and Transportation & Sort on a global scale. The supervisor must make effective decisions, delegate appropriately, possess conflict resolution skills, communicate clearly and effectively, be fair in all dealings and encourage technicians both as individuals and as a cohesive team. The Supervisor must also work closely with other IT groups to maintain the flow of information as it becomes available.
• Responsible for supervising the day-to-day tasks and job performances of the technical staff supporting critical Worldport and Airline systems via alert monitoring, call taking, and infrastructure management.
• Strong technical leader responsible for the management, coordination, and support of the 1DA, 2DA, and Twilight operations for the Worldport facility from an Automation perspective.
• Technical leadership in operation applications such as DWB, Load Handling, OPSYS, Target Search, Flex Ops, GSS, CME View, AHCS, Insight Manager, and Netcool.
• Conduct and review performance appraisals for technician team.
• Assist in the professional and technical development of team members; monitor, mentor, coach, and assist team members to deliver quality support.
• Maintains an atmosphere of friendly teamwork, high skill and motivation levels and ability to empower and mentor the working teams
• Implement policy and procedure related to call center management.
• Facilitate/attend meetings representing OSG - Impact Assessments, Change Control, Center Planning Meetings, Customer Focus Meetings, Team Meetings, etc.
• Contributes to recreating issues, investigating root cause, testing remediation and workaround procedures to facilitate problem resolution.
• Provides problem solving and root cause analyses to ensure timely resolution of incidents.
• Resource planning for operational coverage
• Develop training plans and act on needs identified by the teams both for the group and the individual
• Ensure all auditing and analysis are complete, thorough and submitted to the correct groups for course of action or change
• Function as a technical representative for OSG – determine impact, escalation follow up, case research, etc.
• Interacts with support groups and vendors to resolve associated system problems and system optimization.
• Analyze alerts, call statistics and problem case details. Make suggestions and plans for process/performance changes as necessary
• Work with TTG application and infrastructure teams, PSG, IE, and other Operation groups, etc. on research and problem analysis to restore service
• Facilitation project changes and implementations that impact the department
• Metrics tracking, accountability, and feedback for technician team as well as other TTG teams
• Coordinates communication between other UPS Help desks/departments/customers and teams, inside and outside of Louisville
• Document auditing of knowledge bases
• Trend analysis of problems, case data, call statistics, etc.
• Control access to the Computer Room, MDF (Main Distribution Frame), IDF plans (Intermediate Distribution Frame) as requested
• Develop and maintain new procedures/processes required as the business changes
• Provide investigation, follow-up and reporting of high-impact operational issues to senior management
• UPS Operational Knowledge
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five year’s experience in IT, a service or help desk capacity or related area, including some leadership experience in a support services
• Knowledge of Incident Management processes and procedures
• Customer Service - Service-oriented, extensive customer support/service background, able to understand, adapt to, and thrive in high-pressure situations
• Technical skills – Complete, in-depth understanding of personal computers, servers, and associated software and tools, including but not limited to: Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Linux, Active Directory, networking, telecommunications, Oracle, SQL, data storage, and client/server technologies.
• Problem Solving - analytical thinking, articulates a useful problem solving approach, knows multiple problem solving techniques.
• Writing Skills - Can write clear, concise, well-organized and grammatically correct e-mails, procedures, documentation, communication templates, and step-by-step instructions.
• Communication skills - Listens actively, asks appropriate clarifying questions, speaks articulately and persuasively, descriptively accurate, with timely follow-up. Communicates in ways that build trust.
• Flexibility - OSG is a 7x24 operation. Shift work and weekend work may be required for support coverage
Additional Skills: Certifications (Microsoft, Red Hat, and/or A+ / Net+). Knowledge of HLCS, MFC, SCADA, HubCam, DWB, Load Handling, OPSYS, Target Search, Flex Ops, GSS, CME View, AHCS, Insight Manager, and Formula systems are very helpful. Experience with servers, mainframe, networks or other related IT experience such as programming is a plus.
Candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and be customer-focused. Leadership, decision-making and organizational skills are a must.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Information Systems, Infrastructure, Technology, Information Solutions
Requisition Number: 115226