UPS Communications Supervisor in United Kingdom
For you, the status quo just isn’t good enough. With your analytical mindset and proactive, hands-on approach you challenge yourself, your colleagues and your internal clients to do things better with innovative new solutions. At UPS, we’re passionate about delivering better ways to streamline the flow of goods – from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. When you join our organization, you’ll join a diverse team of experts, who deliver cutting-edge innovations throughout the world of global commerce. With over $50 billion in annual revenue, a career with us is a career filled with opportunity.
As Employee Communications Supervisor you are the subject matter expert and coordinator for all internal communications activity for the UK, Ireland and Nordics District. Working out of UPS House in Feltham (London) you feel passionate to seek out the most engaging and authentic stories on all levels of our business and you tailor communications to local context and unique audience needs. At the same time, you coordinate with the Europe Region Employee Communications Team, based in Brussels, to achieve global message consistency. This is a varied and rewarding role for an experienced Communications professional who understands how to effectively support local business priorities through engaging communications. You report into the European headquarters and work closely with the UK senior management team.
• Develop and manage local communication plan.
• Select appropriate communications channels to reflect local audience needs and preferences to deliver important company information.
• Integrate communications strategy and messages with local context to drive company’s brand in the country.
• Leverage shared projects and resources from Region and Corporate Communications.
• Provide ad-hoc communications support to local leadership to communicate UPS initiatives and news.
• Develop communications deliverables (e.g. management briefings, presentations, etc.) to communicate goals and plans to employees, ensure proper distribution, and support local management in leveraging these materials.
• Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies.
• Proven communications experience
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English allowing to create memorable messages that are engaging and effective with target audience.
• Demonstrated success in on- and offline communications channels and content management
• Experience in managing budgets and effectively tasking people
• Ability to collect, analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data
• Experience in project management
Careers at UPS
A career at UPS is about a lot more than just packages, it's about the new logistics - the most powerful force in business today. The new logistics facilitates growth for any business of any size through international trade. It levels the playing field and empowers businesses. Be part of the new logistics, be part of UPS.
Every day, UPS empowers over 400,000 exceptional people employed by the company, in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, helping them attain their personal and professional best. Being a part of the UPS winning team is not just a career, it's a life lesson – an opportunity for a lifetime.
Primary Location United Kingdom
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Marketing and Communication
Requisition Number: 035525
Location: ,United Kingdom