UPS Merger & Aquisition Manager in United Kingdom
Merger & Aquisition Manager-040197
For you, the status quo just isn’t good enough. With your analytical mindset and proactive, hands-on approach you challenge yourself, your colleagues and your internal clients to do things better with innovative new solutions. So why aren’t you with the leading package delivery company and the global leader in supply chain solutions? At UPS, we’re passionate about delivering better ways to streamline the flow of goods – from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. Having the UPS name behind you opens doors. When you join our organization, you’ll join a diverse team of experts, who deliver cutting-edge innovations throughout the world of global commerce. With over $50 billion in revenue, a career with us is a career filled with opportunity.
About the role
The M&A Manager evaluates merger and acquisition initiatives by developing financial models and valuations. He/She executes M&A due diligence programs, participates in contract negotiations, and ensures post-closing obligations are fulfilled. The M&A Manager assists with divestiture efforts.
The M&A manager prepares financial projections and models (e.g., leverage buyout, option pricing, opportunity price, future cash flow, integration cost, etc.) to establish offer price range. He/She creates comprehensive valuation reports for senior management (i.e., the Management Committee and the Mergers & Acquisition Committee) to support strategic decisions for M&A pursuits. This position makes ongoing adjustments to financial models and assumptions to support negotiations. The M&A Manager reviews purchase agreements to verify contract language reflects deal terms.
· Analyzes financial profiles (e.g., financial records, liabilities, capital structure, etc.) of target companies to determine value and identify risks and synergy opportunities.
· Researches industry comparables to establish valuation and pricing benchmarks.
· Determines and quantifies material findings of possible transactions to determine offer price adjustments and continuance in contract negotiations.
· Evaluates business plans and synergy estimates of UPS business units and potential target companies to create recommendations to UPS senior management.
· Monitors post-closing contingencies to ensure fulfillment or price adjustments in the case of failed contingencies.
· Assists the UPS Strategy group with market research to identify areas for inorganic growth.
· Conducts Research: Identifies the business problem that requires research; identifies sources of information that are relevant to a problem; reviews literature and data related to the research question; summarizes information from data sources.
· Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
· Finance Knowledge: Accurately reads and interprets financial reports and statements; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives.
· Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
· Negotiation: Demonstrates an understanding of negotiation techniques; identifies stakeholders/participants that should be involved in negotiations; demonstrates an understanding of each party’s objectives.
· Report Generation: Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.).
· Bachelor’s degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Accounting, Finance – Preferred
· Experience demonstrating advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (e.g., Pivot tables, V-look ups) – Preferred
· Experience demonstrating advanced skills with Microsoft PowerPoint – Preferred
· Knowledge of financial terms (e.g., discount rates, growth rates) - Preferred
Careers at UPS
A career at UPS is about a lot more than just packages, it's about the new logistics - the most powerful force in business today. The new logistics facilitates growth for any business of any size through international trade. It levels the playing field and empowers businesses. Be part of the new logistics, be part of UPS.
Every day, UPS empowers over 400,000 exceptional people employed by the company, in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, helping them attain their personal and professional best. Being a part of the UPS winning team is not just a career, it's a life lesson – an opportunity for a lifetime.
job Finance & Accounting
Primary Location GB-Surrey-Woking-St Andrews House, West Street
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Finance, Accounting, and Tax
Requisition Number: 040197
Location: ,United Kingdom