UPS Warehouse Operative Shannon - Part Time Preload in Finglas, Ireland
A vacancy has arisen within the UPS Shannon Package Centre,
Warehouse operatives will be required to work in the pre load operation in the Dublin Package Centre. They will need to ensure accurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines. The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague's working day and most importantly our customers.
Shift is from 05.45am - 07.45am, additional hours will be required to meet operational needs.
• Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
• Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
• Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
• Prioritize "guaranteed service" parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
• Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
• To identify any 'Cash on Delivery' parcels.
• Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
• Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
Fluency in English is essential both written and verbal
Flexibility on hours
Strong organizational skills
Ability to lift parcels up to 70 Kgs
Work well within a team environment
Work well under pressure
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Warehousing, Inside Manual
Requisition Number: 049230