UPS Technical Publications Writer in Louisville, Kentucky
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Job Posting Title:
Technical Publications Writer
The Technical Publications Writer will be responsible for maintaining and updating manuals relating to aircraft maintenance and the operation of UPS aircraft. The specialist will process change notifications in manuals through standards, style guides, and consultation with internal and external departments. Reviewing and editing text, illustrations, and wiring diagrams. This is not a WORK REMOTELY position. Candidate is required to report to the office.
· Research and interpret technical information to develop technical documents.
· Work independently and as part of a team to help revise a set of airplane technical manuals from engineering, manufacturing, and supplier data.
· Ability to create line art to illustrate aircraft parts and assemblies for use in aircraft technical manuals, parts catalogs, and other related publications.
· Exhibit strong attention to detail and be an excellent communicator.
· Aviation technical writing experience preferred.
· Knowledge of technical publications regulatory requirements and Industry Writing Specifications (ATA, S1000D, typical DTDs/schema, elements, and attributes).
· Experience with structured authoring environment (SGML, XML) and .xml authoring software.
· Experience with MS Office suite.
· Experience with interpreting engineering orders.
· Experience creating and editing vector drawing illustrations.
· Knowledge of aircraft technical documentation, including illustrated parts catalogs, airplane maintenance manuals, operator manuals, and installation instructions.
· A fundamental understanding of FARs as they apply to aircraft operations and maintenance.
· Excellent communication and computer skills.
· Demonstrate strong attention to detail and personal organization.
· Self-starter and able to make sound writing decisions with minimum assistance from supervision.
· .xml authoring software: 3 years (Preferred)
· Aviation technical writing: 3 years (Preferred)
· Vector drawing illustrations: 3 years (Preferred)
· Associate degree or higher in Aircraft Maintenance, English, Technical Communications, Engineering, or a related field (Preferred)
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions . UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Air Group
Requisition Number: R23011537