UPS User Specialist in Parsippany, New Jersey
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Customer Information Management at UPS Technology:
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
About this role:
The User Specialist supports a specific application or system. This position gathers and synthesizes information to maintain an assigned system or application. He/She verifies and monitors production support inquiries. This position facilitates end user training. He/She conducts User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and supports requirements. This position is responsible for supporting the Healthcare Business Relationship Management (BRM) team, as well as both internal and external customers, during the project lifecycle.
• Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and smaller specific facts associated with work.
• Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business, and for technical support in a business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements.
• Assists with the implementation of agreed upon problem remedies and preventative measures.
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications.
Collaborates with cross functional teams to research processes, define requirements, ensure quality during problem resolution.
• Identifies key factors behind basic problems and establish a path to solve them.
• Able to communicate designed and developed technology solutions and their desired outcome in general terms.
• Gathers and assembles statistical reports to support the development life cycle.
• Compiles end user reports to inform management of application trends.
• Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Collects process improvement ideas through deployment to support quality assurance.
Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Proficiency preparing presentations and presenting to the management team
Knowledge of Structured Systems Analysis, Business Process Analysis, Scrum, Internet Development Architecture & Design and Technical knowledge of hardware & software
Familiarity with Power BI and executing queries
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The desired User Specialist will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience. Bachelors' Degree preferred
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Information Systems
Requisition Number: 317543
Location: Parsippany,New Jersey